Wednesday, 29 October 2014

My Singapore Story: Woodlands Center Road.

Being one of the most globalised countries in the world, vintage architecture in Singapore is a rarity these days. And I can't think of anywhere else that still possesses such beauty, except probably only here.

Funny how I'd rather be engulfed in the earlier centuries than the present. Or maybe it's just me unable to accept modern architecture. But it really broke my heart, knowing that a place I do patronise on a regular basis, will completely vanish from my sight.

Which is why I thought it would be really important for me to treasure it, to embark on a trail of precious memories held dearly there, before I can no longer see it ever again.



































It is only at these kind of moments do we truly realise and appreciate photography. Without the existence of cameras, how are we able to capture memories? A photograph is the closest we could ever possess, of something that is no longer present.

I will be coming back here again soon to take more photographs. I might even have them printed, because that is just how much significance this place brings me.

xoxo,
A.