Sunday, 4 September 2016

August Favourites

As we have already entered a new month, it's now time for me to share with you guys my August favourites!

MAKEUP

Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation in the shade 58 Medium, if I'm not wrong. I can't remember. I decided to buy this foundation as I was already running out of one. I have never tried any of Kat Von D's products and have really wanted to. I love how this foundation goes a long way with really little product, however application with a brush is patchy. I use a beauty blender to apply. It also does not make my face look oily even after a couple of hours. So yup, I would definitely buy this foundation again in the future.


I also ran out of concealer so I decided to try this Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12-hour Concealer. It was either a Tarte or NARS concealer that I wanted to try. I went for the Tarte one eventually because it's cheaper. This is my first Tarte product and I really love it. When I swatched this concealer on my hand I was amazed by its consistency and coverage. A little goes a long way too and it doesn't budge easily either.


Now this is a purchase I am extremely so pleased and excited about. As a huge Alice In Wonderland fan this beautiful Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass palette is definitely a must have! I have been lusting over it ever since I knew about its launch and when it was finally available here I didn't think twice about getting it. Best purchase ever, no regrets.

ENTERTAINMENT

Almost everyone was talking about Stranger Things and how good it is so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and witness it for myself. I was looking for a new series to binge on Netflix anyway. I could totally understand why everyone loves this show so much because I do too! If you have not watched it, I suggest you better get on it soon. Season 2 is already in the works to release next year woooop. I don't want to bore you with the details as to what the show is all about haha but one thing I really love about are all the Star Wars and LOTR references hehe.


My boyfriend suggested that I watch Coraline and in fact, he was really persistent about it lol. So I finally got round to watching it and I fell in love with the film immediately. The reason why he wanted me to watch it so much was because he knew that it'd be something I would really love. Aww. Now I'm on the hunt for all of Neil Gaiman's works!



A movie from the past that I chose to watch in August was The Godfather because my dad once told me that it's a "good film". So I was curious to know just how good it is and now.. I'm OBSESSED. I was literally so mind blown about how extremely good it is! I have never expected to love it this much honestly haha. Please buy me Godfather merch for my birthday, or I'll give you an offer you can't refuse 😏


I came across the Bee And PuppyCat animation on YouTube and I'm kinda annoyed as to why it only has 4 episodes, it has so much potential! PuppyCat is sooo cute and I would love to have one of my own if possible.


I saw that I have Looking For Alaska in my Google Play Books so I had a read, and I was amazed by how good and unique the story is. It definitely is different from The Fault In Our Stars and I wished this was the first John Green book I read. It also should have been John Green's first movie instead. Well that's what I feel personally though.

OTHERS

Now moving on to the other stuff. I finally bought a colouring book, but I don't think it released me of stress, in fact it added stress instead lol. Reason being I have to figure out which colours go on which, etc. But I do enjoy colouring the pages though.

Image Source: Google-sensei

My parents bought this and since I love milk tea, I tried it and I loved it. It gives a slightly bitter aftertaste though, but still nice anyway.

Image Source: Google-sensei

I also tried this chocolate milk almost daily, the taste reminded me of Sustagen haha. It's basically a nutritional supplement milk. I love the taste, however I am not sure if I would buy it again.




I discovered an app called Amino, it's basically a social media platform but with communities that you join depending on what your interests are. I joined a few, and one of my favourite is the Writer's Amino, I even joined their Public Chats and it was interesting to find like-minded people to share opinions and thoughts with. It's a really cool app.


And lastly, my favourite for the month of August was the two birthday surprises for my girls!



And that's it for my August Favourites!
I hope you have enjoyed this post and thanks for reading ^_^

xoxo,
A.